Sunday, May 10, 2009

We've Got A Gator!!

Okay remember my lovely fountain that is outside our garage? Well this is the lake that is surrounding the fountain. It was such a lovely day yesterday 95 degrees that I took Edward for a bike ride and pulled Lucas in his wagon. We walked the block and then decided to come look at our little lake and fountain for awhile. As we got close to the edge. I heard a gentleman yelling, I turned and sure enough he was trying to get My attention. I smiled and he said, "I just saw a gator in there. Be careful with the kids." I of course back away quickly yelling back "Thank you." I ran and got my camera and My husband! Gary came out and was like, "This guy is lying to you." We searched and found him. This was the best picture below. The gator actually was way out see the last picture at the bottom. As I was snapping away he kept swimming closer and closer to us. Finally this is the last picture I took. As he was inches away from the shore. Then I ran like a Mad woman. Gary just chuckled at me. He kept wanting to stay and see if he'd come out of the water. I had Luke in my arms and kept dragging Edward with us. Gary just stood there in Awe!! I kept yelling at him"Let's go!" Finally he listened to me. It was neat seeing this gator but I didn't want to meet any closer. I was really surprised how great the pictures were as scared as I was as he swam towards us. If you look at the pictures backwards from bottom to top you'll see he was slowing heading towards me as I was taking the pictures.