Friday, July 5, 2013

Despicable Me 2


 Gary loves the first Despicable Me movie he watches it over and over drives me nuts at times. Its a good movie but he really, really loves it! Gary won 2 free movie tickets over a year ago. I've been looking at them and thinking we really need to use these but just never have. Since the kids loved their toys from Mcdonalds on the 4th of July. Below is a pic to refresh your memory.


 They are the little yellow guys in the boys' hands. They are called minions. I decided what the hey lets go to the movies as a family for the 1st time ever! It was $16 for the kids and we did not get popcorn or drinks. Wow, things have changed. First its $4.75 for small popcorn with NO refills....when did that happen? Then its $4.79 for a small drink also with NO refills. $8 for kids $11 for adults. Don't get me started on the candy and 3D prices! 


 I painted my nails like the minions in honor of the movie. Next few pics of them. I was shocked when I had two people notice and compliment me on them! Wow, thanks.

 We had our FREE Papa Johns pizza before we left so our tummy's were full. The kids did okay except for one bathroom break. There also were two screaming infants on either side of us. Please, people if your child is not old enough to see the show leave him with a sitter or one adult stay home. This is ridiculous!!! Screamed for the entire 2 hrs!!
 The theater USED to have rules that a kid had to be 3, 4, or 5 to go to the show. The movie was great but I was appalled by the screaming infants and the prices. How do people afford to go to the show? I know if I was still a preteen or teen my parents would no longer "treat" for a show that cost almost $100 for one night. Also since when do they leave all the theater lights on? I'm used to a dark theater and the previews since when do you get to see 10 previews, oh yes I counted. 10 previews before a show? I am thankful for surround sound and a home theater system if only we could get the new releases on demand! Has going to the movie theater been like this for awhile? If so how long?

 Afterwards we went to Krispy Kremes and spent $7.99 for a hot dozen can't beat that! It was a nice night but we haven't been to a movie theater in over 2 yrs and I was just stunned how much things have changed. No wonder no one goes to the show anymore. You could take your kids to Disney World for the price of a 2 hr movie. Not really but pretty close which is sad, sick, and depressing. I just was happy we had our movie passes. We are thinking of doing the AMC fork and dine movie theater on our next family outing. If I'm gonna pay alot for a show I might as well eat too!