Sunday, September 11, 2011

Edward's 7th Birthday

Can you tell he just woke up? We started early on Tuesday the 6th of September. This is what Edward found waiting for him in our dining room/school room. Gary got called into work early. Great thing was he only had to work 1 hr and 30 mins and then came home. This also happened on that day he was scheduled off to see his sister. That day he worked almost 5 hrs and one employee threw her apron at him so he had to work the following day too! That's the fun of a part time job that's hourly. At least he gets paid for his time. At his previous job he'd work 6-7 days and almost 90 hours a week. He still got paid his normally salary no extras. So at least now when he goes in we have more money for his time.

So we all got up and ready to celebrate Edward's 7th birthday which was on the 1st. We promised him Disney World and couldn't afford to go till the 6th. I made him one of my famous baskets for a present. I started making these last year and he loved it so much for his 6th birthday I decided why not again for his 7th. I did a Pirate theme since we were going to Disney to see Jake and the Neverland Pirates perform.

Him inspecting his basket asking can I open it now?!

I said one more pic of the set.

Then he tore into it. My sister sent all kinds of candy and pirate themed goodies that you place in a pinata or goody bag. It filled the basket up nicely. Thanks, Aunt Danielle!! I bought the Pirate hats and Jake shirt and Jake stickers and Pirate Stitch, of course!

Edward and Lucas having fun looking at all the things from the basket.

Edward most impressed that he got Pirate Stitch he's been wanting that for years!

The birthday Card I had made for Edward. Again this is Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

Finding a Capt Hook and stickers and pencils.

His birthday tee. He loves every year to have a birthday shirt with his name and age on it. This is Jake and the Neverland Pirates, again our theme. I had the lady write Edward instead of Jake to personalize it.

The back has a number 7 and Stitch as a pirate!

Lucas loves Capt Hook and is saying look at all these baby hooks!!

Edward finding more candy and surprises.


Pirate Stitch out of the package.

Off to Disney World, we did the Studios 1st and saw Jake and the Neverland Pirates perform I video taped it so these are pics of Magic Kingdom the Winnie the Pooh ride which Lucas calls Pooh's house. Lucas loves Winnie the Pooh and has also fell in love with Caterpillar's cause of reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar. That's his favorite bedtime story. He's holding a caterpillar in above pic.


Came home from a day at the parks and made his birthday cake with an image I bought via Ebay.

Made a cookie cake his favorite.

Blowing out the candle. We had a feast of Crab Legs we bought at Publix. Edward wanted Red Lobster but we wanted to watch our wallet so I suggested Crab Legs at home. It was $19 for 2 lbs and it was a feast we had more for the next day! Edward wanted Red Lobster cause of Crab Legs his favorite. It was a mess so no pics of that meal. We also had Au Gratin potatoes Edward's favorite as well and bacon wrapped Filet Mignon for Mom and Dad. Next are Edward's presents.
A Mario kart car from Grandma and Papa.

A Lego type bike for Lucas from Edward with his birthday Money from Mom and Dad and Aunt Danielle.
Another lego type bike from his birthday money.
A Wii Mario game with birthday money from Aunt Nancy.
A race track for Lego type cars from us!

A huge Monster Truck with money from his Aunt Linda! Thank you to all the Aunts Danielle, Linda, and Nancy for making his day more special. Thanks for everyone who posted Birthday wishes on Facebook to him. He had a great day. He is loved very much. Gary said the nicest thing about him to the lady at Publix. She was commenting on us buying Crab Legs for him. Gary looked at her and said "He's worth it!" Edward looked at Daddy when he said this. I know he knew how much his Daddy loves him. His little eyes were all lit up with JOY! Happy 7th Birthday Edward!!