In June:
Gary found a new part time job working for Subway. He's a manager and works inside the Subway that is located inside of the local hospital. Its basically the cafeteria. It pays enough to survive. We moved into a 900 sq ft apartment. 2bd 2 bth. We used to live in a 3bd 2bth with an attached garage and around 2,000 sq ft. So we took to good old Craigslist and sold almost half off our apartment. They offer garages here at our new apartment for $75 a month but they are detached and our truck can't fit inside one. We were able to REFI our truck for 6 months giving us less money due each month but extending the life of the loan :( I still homeschool and our school officially starts Sept 12. Gary had a birthday my parents sent us money for that we had a nice meal at a buffet and I bought Gary a tshirt for a present. Father's Day was shared with his birthday and we got him some snack cakes that are his favorite.
In July:
We went to Disney World's Polynesian Resort to view the annual 4th of July fireworks. Free parking and free admission so we could totally afford this plus Disney is now a short 10 min drive down the street. It used to be almost a 2 hr trip! It rained and we stayed inside and occasionally took a bike ride when it was bearable.
In August:
We got to visit with Gary's sister that was in town well she went to the town we used to live in. So we pulled all the money we could muster to pay for gas to drive almost 2hrs back there to see her. This was my 1st time meeting her. She was a joy and I was surprised how much the boys and her took to each other. She has such a Motherly heart and I also loved the way my husband lite up around her. I think he said its been like 8 yrs or something since they saw each other. It was a short visit but at least we got to see her.
So our life has not only been super super chaotic but very very depressing. I took to my Bible as I always have done when down in the dumps. God whispered to my heart to start a devotional blog for women like me that need some inspiration in tough times. I've always love to write and I type faster then I speak. So if you'd like to visit or bookmark it feel free to.
http://1stkingdom.blogspot.com/
In September:
Edward's birthday was on the 1st but we are going to celebrate it this coming Tuesday the 6th because we finally got the good news that Gary's pension was arriving. We applied for it in May but since he has to split it with his ex-wife there were tons of hiccups. Her lawyers didn't file all the proper paper work needed and I spent everyday for about 2wks straight calling her lawyers and the pension office. The Lord was good and sent me a nice lady at the pension office that did the impossible to get it to us in September. Now I'll be posting home school pics and other things like I used to will try to do at least once a month since now things have settled back down a bit. I'm taking a new adventure with home school this year and doing Theme Weeks. Where each week we still do our normal lessons but incorporate crafts, snacks, and games on a certain theme. We also still have Chapel every Thursday where we learn a Bible lesson. We also our going to read at least 2-3 books a week on a certain theme. Its been crazy but home school planning and my new devotional blog have kept me busy and happy during this rough couple of months. Now we are playing catch up on bills and I am faithful we will be in great shape come the new year. Sorry if you've missed my posts. I post pics to Facebook as well so please look me up there under Jess Ater. I've been reading alot of blogs on home schooling and as much as I'd love to start one I don't have the time to. So I'm going to try to take lots of pics and just post them here. It always fun to help other home schoolers with ideas, recipes and just give inspiration. I love to do school it feels like I'm playing school when I was little. I never realize what joy I get from teaching and remembering old games and old crafts I used to do when I was in school. I went to public and private schools so I got plenty. Chapel was every Thursday at my private school and it was my favorite class. It will only get better and more fun as my children grow. Spent this morning printing out more pages for art class and fun activities. Also I am making school desks for my 2 boys. Spent the rest of the day staining wood. My cousin's blog inspired me to give them desks and how to make ones that fit there size. She has a home school hallway which I think is lovely and I am way jealous of. She said on there that she dreams of a school room. Well cuz I'm with ya and I used to have one too! Which is even sadder. I just made our 3rd bedroom into a school room and then my hubby lost his job and we had to down grade to a smaller place. You inspired me through your school room(hallway, hey's its a room to me, and gorgeous) to make lemonade out of lemons. So I began my hunt and found that in my dining area there was space on a wall on the right and a wall on the left. So there's my walls school room, giggles. I guess that's what you'd call it. I call it my school room. I have a bookcase on the left and going to have 2 small school desks on the right there is just enough room for 2 school desks. One is done and in place the other is drying. Staining takes forever!! Well I'll be back to post later on probably after my son's birthday party on the 6th. Stay tuned!