Sunday, January 8, 2012

Turkey Week 10

Turkey week was Nov 21st. I was reviewing my blog and see some of my posts didn't publish. So I'm re-posting them.

I found this Turkey on Ebay. I love having a centerpiece at my table, especially for holidays. This one is very special to me cause when I was a child my Mother had one of these. Back then they were everywhere and I believe someone gave hers as a gift to her. He was a very hard bird to find. He holds lollipops to look like his feathers. He is made out of wood. When I first began my search all I could find were $30 or more for these.

Here is a close up of him. I ended up finding an auction for charity and they only wanted $10 including shipping for this guy. His eyes are thumb tacks and I was torn on which suckers looked best so I used two different kind. My kids had the same problem my sister and myself had when we were little with this. We wanted to pluck all his feathers and eat them. My Mother used to promise us after Thanksgiving we could enjoy these lollies. It was so hard and I remember he was missing a feather or two come Thanksgiving day! I bought 2 extra bags and let the kids go nuts on those while these were for decoration only.

We had a hard time finding Turkey books as most them were already checked out. We did find a few and the best was Run Turkey Run.

Then we made a turkey craft that was edible. I found these on Pinterest.com my new favorite site. Of course Edward had to taste test the Oreos. giggles

Here is a close up of him without his legs. I don't remember why I didn't take anymore of him when he was finished. Oh I remember, the kids ate him up!! Reese's mini peanut butter cups, frosting, candy corn, malt balls, and oreos. Who can blame them!!

The kids each made one. Very easy to make and fun!!

Here are some finished as you can see we made about 8 but we kept eating our art!!

Then we decided to make a large turkey to hang on our home school board for Thanksgiving.

I let each boy color three feathers, while Mommie made the turkey's face, legs, and body.

Lucas does so good for only 3 yrs old. He colors and always says time for school. He loves learning and even on days off he brings me books and puzzles to do. I tell him we are off today. He says Mommie, I love school. So I always let him have his way. Learning never ends, we end it!! Remember that.

Look at that face? I tell ya, he loves it!

The finished Turkey. By the time everyone was done Lucas had fallen asleep. He doesn't take scheduled naps but when the boy is tired he just goes out and I let him sleep.

What a cool Turkey!! Made out of construction paper, glue, staples, markers, and a paper plate, almost forgot the googly eyes! We had a good week and I really don't know what happened to my other post. I type and post the pics and its very time consuming at least 30 mins to an hour depending on how many pics I choose for that week. So there are more post to re-post. We took off from Homeschool in mid December. We just started Alphabet week on January 4th.