Friday, May 18, 2012

Star Wars Weekends Week 1

 Its that time again Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World's Hollywood Studios. Above is the logo for 2012. Its always a different Disney character dressed as some Star Wars character. Darth Maul is Gary's favorite character so we had to go this year. The first week was May 18th, 19th, & 20th. Since we are Weekday pass holders we could only go on the 18th. We bought a 3D poster of this above image which the background is red. We were even lucky enough to get the artist who drew this image sign our poster. Cost was $30.

 This is the huge tent where ALL the merchandise for Star Wars Weekend is held. It was called Darth Mall. giggles.

 I of course had to do my Princess Leia hair. It was very hard without my long hair. I did pull it off though.

 My favorite pic of me and the boys. See Lucas playing with a Darth Maul toy? I also love my stuffed animal of Darth Duck $16.95.

 Some of our favorite art work it was selling for $400 and up.

 Gary wants this art work. It was around $500.

 
I preferred the above artwork. I just love the Disney Star Wars items best.


 

 Gary also wanted this HUGE statue which was NOT for sale. Could you imagine having this in your house? What a show piece!! giggles.

 We had to wait in line for 2 hrs for a limited edition Darth Duck figurine that Gary collects. So I suggested buying the kids a treat to keep them happy. We found this awesome Darth Vader cupcake for $5.

 This cupcake was pretty big enough to feed all of us that's for sure.

 Can you believe they sold these without forks or spoons? Well they did, so we had a blast using the best tools that God gave us our hands. The frosting was a peanut butter-butter cream. Oh my, I want that recipe!!!

 Edward smelling it. It did not last very long as you can imagine. Thank goodness, I always pack wet wipes! It was messy. I still cannot get over Disney not giving you a spoon or fork for this! We asked many many times. Oh well, it was the 1st weekend and this was ALL inside the Mall tent so I hope they change it for the next visit.