On Friday May 25th I was reading my daily dose on the Disney Parks Blog. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ Bookmark it enjoy reading facts on Disney daily. On this day I read that Ray Park was going to be at Disney's Hollywood Studios. So I called Gary while he was still at work and told him we NEED to go. Ray Park played Darth Maul Gary's favorite Star Wars character. I even bought him a signed photograph back many years ago. Gary loves it and proudly displays it each living room we've ever had. The event was call Visit to the Maul where you get to see Ray Park and many out takes from the Star Wars movie Episode One in which he starred.
As soon as we walked into the theater after waiting for over an hour outside in a line of people...our children were picked to be in the show. How exciting for them and for us! Gary seen above with the kids in front of him.
Lucas is seen here on the left hand side.
This is how the stage looked.
Seen above is Ray Park to the right and on the left the Host is James Arnold Taylor who voices Obi-Wan Kenobi in cartoon Star Wars the Clone Wars.
They had great banter and it was awesome to see them both acting silly.
A closer shot.
Then the boys were called up on stage and this is them exiting. Visit youtube.com to see a video I took of their performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqOka5lyFaQ&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LL_4LDjVMb9mT3Y-sYOx8hiA
They got to keep their prop lightsabers they used in their performance.
Lucas was so happy he came over and showed it to me.