Friday, July 27, 2012

Vacation Bible School 2012

 July 23rd-27th was our church's Vacation Bible School. This year I was asked to direct the music for the kids.

 Above are my decorations I made for my classroom.

 Another decoration I made.

 Close up of what is in the net.

 Our 5 ocean insights for the week. Depend on God, dive in. Dare to Care, dive in. Claim Jesus, dive in. Choose to Follow, dive in. Change the World, dive in.

 Me with my work.
 Operation Overboard!!!
 Lucas on his first day of VBS.

 Edward on his first day of VBS.


 Mommy in uniform for VBS.




 The sanctuary decor.


 Lucas was in the Sea Turtles class.

 Edward was in the whales class.

 More of the awesome decor.

 Love the pearl!
 See the turtle's bubbles!

 
 Octopus!!!

 Scuba gear!

 We have talented people in our church!!!

 Me with the decor.




 Miss Patti above on stage she is our VBS director.

                                           Lucas' craft day 1

                                         Lucas' craft day 2


                                                Lucas craft day 3



                                              Lucas craft day 4


                                           Lucas craft day 5



                                            Edward's craft day 1

                                             Edward's craft day 2

 
 Edward's craft day 3


 
                                            Edward's craft day 4



                                        Edward's craft day 5


 My crafting area. I was asked to make 300 thank you bags!!

 My little critters assembly line.

 A completed little critter. He looks like a sea urchin!! Gary helped me cut and hot glue them.



 Gary also helped me bag them all.

 Completed thank you bags. Inside there is a little critter sea urchin, a fish sticker, 2 smarties candy, 2 suckers, an invitation back to our church along with a thank you, and a Chick-fil-a coupon.


 Snack Day 1: CANDY SUSHI- gummy fish, fruit roll up and rice krispie treats.

 Snack Day 2: FISH RAFT- blue frosting, cookie fish crackers, graham cracker and sprinkles.


 Snack Day 3: FISH TRAIL MIX- all kinds of goodies mixed together.


Snack Day 4:  FISH PUDDING- vanilla pudding, candy fish and blue sprinkles.




  
Snack Day 5: OYSTER COOKIES- 2 cookies, pink frosting, white gumballs and candy eyes.

11 people got dunked in the dunk tank. Thank God, I was NOT one of them!! giggles. Above is Edward's teacher from VBS getting ready to be dunked.


So funny watching so many people get dunked.  We started out with $8.01 in offering our offering total for day 5 was $696.27.


 
                        
Edward.


Lucas. 

I'm on the right side 3rd picture, can't miss my hair. All of the leaders got one of these, along with a coupon for a FREE Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich meal. Awesome!! The kids all got one of those thank you bags I made along with a coupon for a FREE cookie at Chick-fil-A. What a blast! Can't wait till next year!!!