Thursday, July 3, 2014

Gary's Teeth

 Okay these are his REAL teeth this is a before photo taken back in 2011. As of 2014 he has had 9 top teeth and lost his front tooth on his left side. In his words he has looked like a hillbilly for the last 6 months.


 
On June 20th his birthday.  We finally were able to get him into top dentures.

These are the photos he took of himself out of pure boredom as he sat in the dentist chair waiting for his dentures to be made.

His Dentures!! I think they look really natural and match his bottom teeth very nicely. You can tell from 2011 to 2014 he has lost alot of weight because he was unable to eat. For the last few dinners I've made, Gary has said he is now able to chew and its weird but he loves to be able to eat again. I also love to see his plate cleaned. I haven't seen that in a long time.

Gary doesn't really know how to smile yet. Poor guy its been a long time since he wanted to smile and let people see his missing teeth. Now he can smile and let everyone see it looks normal again. No birthday presents or cake this year took alot of our savings to pay for these but I think it was totally worth it!! I'm ready for a big steak dinner but Gary still is adjusting. I can't wait to treat him to steak and he says he dreams of prime rib from Outback. Hopefully, in a few weeks he will be able to make his dream reality.