Speaking of the Witch.... Here is a photo from last year of the witch with the green skin. After I dug her out of the Halloween decor I remembered her outfit was ALL wrong for Sally. It was a black halter dress with this huge pumpkin belt in the middle of it. So again I sketched on paper my plans to paint a Sally dress over this one.
So in this photo you will see how long Sally's hair is and how I started to re-paint the dress from black with a huge pumpkin belt to something more like Sally would wear. I had to use white stitching because black would not show up over the black the dress. The skin was easy to make look like Sally just add some black stitches to it.
Here is the completed Sally with dress, arms, neck, head all painted and completed.
Curious what Jack's body looks like? Where here it is. I placed them how I wanted them to look in my front windows. I love Jack holding hands with Sally and with his pumpkin in the other hand. However, I didn't like how he kinda looked naked and vulgar in a sense. So I said I know what I'm going to do. I am going to create Zero. Zero is Jack's ghost dog. I again did a simple sketch first and then got to work on thinking of what to use to make Zero. I was doing laundry and was going through our cleaning towels. Towels. It struck me then. I was going to make Zero out of an old cleaning towel. Below is the finished Zero, Jack, and Sally in the window. Still gotta hang up lights and such so we are not done.
Here is Zero made out of towel and then taped to our window.
See Zero helps draw attention away from Jack being so naked/vulgar looking, I think. I also am thinking of adding a tombstone under their hands. I just haven't found anything to my liking yet.
