We've been low on lunch money as Gary had injured his back and is missing work alot. So this Saturday I looked in the pantry and wanted to feed all my family a nice little lunch, as I always do. Pringles, bread, peanut butter. I knew what I was making butterflies!! Lucas loved it because he loves caterpillars and butterflies. Lucas' nickname is caterpillar.
Okay so my Mama used to make this for me as a kid. I am allergic to peanut butter and jelly if combined. However, I can eat jelly alone and peanut butter alone. As long as the two never touch then I'm cool. So you take sliced bread roll with rolling pin then cut off crusts. I used some of the crust and rolled in my hand to make the antennas. My Mama used to use pretzel thin sticks. However, I did NOT have any so use what you got and get creative!! Okay after bread is flat and crust is gone smear some peanut butter on there then roll up like a jelly roll then slice into small pinwheels place them flatly onto plate and you can make your caterpillar long or short. Then add your antennas and 4 pringle cheddar cheese 'ums for wings. Ta-da! Something about that peanut better and cheese flavor that makes these taste sooooo yummy. Gary was home and was shocked at how well these tasted and how filling they were and such a cool lunch. He loved it! Fun to make something everyone eats and looks cool too. Plates were all cleaned and seconds were asked for!