Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Wild Life

 The weather is cooler here in FL today. It was 88 degrees with a light wind, made it feel more like 70. Trust me, just came out of summer weather where everyday it was at least 95 or higher then you add rain and no breezes what-so-ever it makes it feel like over 120 degrees outside! Its hard to breathe out there when the air is just soooo hot. We live in the A/C all summer. Finally, today we got to run around the playground without dripping sweat after 1 minute and got to go to our lake. We went to feed the ducks with stale bread but as we were feeding the ducks I noticed bubbles in the water.

 Fish? Nope. It was TURTLES!!!

 At first their little eyes and nose looks like a baby gator but if you look closely you can see its a turtle.

 Lots of turtles showed up too. At least 10 today!!

 We had such fun feeding them bread.

 Lucas named the first two turtles Raphael and Leonardo. 

 Amazing to see that neck stretch. No worries, these are NOT snapping turtles. They are soft shell or mud turtles as some call them. I did research and read they are aggressive creatures and they do bite and it hurts. So I may or may not have used the ZOOM on some of these photos. I also advised the kids to stay clear of them.

 Zoom or not zoom, you guess!

I am just so in love with all the wildlife my children get to see so close to home. I grew up near a woods that we used to play in as kids so outdoors, animals, and all that... I enjoy!

They are quite gorgeous creatures.  However, when in the wild dealing with wild animals I am always very careful. Especially with my two boys who are sooo curious. I let them get close but not as close as some pictures may appear. I am a Mother, don't you forget it! giggles.