Thursday, March 26, 2009
Making Fishys
Edward got an easy bake oven for Christmas this past season. We have been baking in that like crazy! I found these at the store. The are called fish bowls by easy bake oven. No oven is needed for these to be made but for $1.50 I couldn't pass them up. Well Edward stirred the blue jello mix then we poured it into the cups that were provided then we had to wait for the jello to turned into that gelatin! Took forever in kid time. He kept opening our freezer "mommy are the fishys done yet?" We have a big chest freezer and it has nice little trays for things like this. Yes the recipe calls for freezing the jello! I know. It sets up a tad faster this way cause using toothpicks you have to push the gummy fishys down into the blue ocean water! Then place back in freezer to set up. It came with everything except the water and toothpicks. Then they are ready. "Finally" Edward said. Then you sprinkle them with the blue ocean rocks. I think they look awesome but if this is a fish bowl shouldn't the rocks go on the bottom, like a fish tank? Guess they would melt but that would look more authentic to me! giggles. This is our dining room table. If you look in the background you'll see my latest finds. Today on craigslist love that place I found some lady selling 2 Mickey Mouse cookie jars. $10 each!! I checked Ebay they sell for like $50-60 there on auctions. They are sooo beautiful!
Edward looking so proud of what he made! He waves hello and says"My fishys" as I snapped the pic! He had only waited 30 mins that's like 10 yrs in child's time! giggles
Posted by
J