We went to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. with my husband's managers last nite. I brought my camera but no one wanted their pic taken! Boo. There were 12 of us. It was the manager Christmas party for Cracker Barrel. Frankie... Gary's boss paid. Had to pay for parking in a parking garage that was all.
It is located in Madiera Beach, FL that's about 20 mins from our house. This is what it looks like at nite. The pic I took looks blurry so I got via online. Gives you an idea of how nice it looks.
Again another stock photo of the Madiera Beach location. We went at night.
Inside the restaurant.
If you want to get a waiter’s attention, flip the board on your table to red and a waiter should stop for you.
Otherwise keep it as run forest run!
Run Across America Sampler above. This appetizer you get Tortilla Chips and a spinach cheese dip, Chilly Shrimp (chilled boiled shrimp), Spicy Chicken Strips, Hush Pups and Fried Shrimp. We got 3 of these so all 12 of us got to try some of it!
Gary got the fish. He said it was a little dry and the rice had no flavor :(
I got the Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp. It came with fries and slaw. I also got the add on salad for $5 more. Caesar salad since I wasn't paying I didn't mind the extra cost. This was our 1st time here. So I thought the appetizer was great alot for what you paid for. The menu is about $20 plates. I also loved how everything came on newspaper. Felt like you were at a real fish fry.
Shrimper’s Heaven is pictured above. This is what another manager had and Gary wished he would have gotten this. It had 4 different types of shrimp – coconut shrimp (shrimp coated with coconut and fried), chilly shrimp (cold boiled shrimp), Fried Shrimp (battered and fried) and tempura shrimp (normal tempura batter shrimp).
This is a stocked photo of Boat Trash. Flash fried Shrimp, Fish with Cajun Spices, and steamed Canadian Lobster Claw. Another person got this. Just so you get an idea of the menu sections. Shrimp, shrimp, and more shrimp! giggles
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae. It was okay. The ice cream was so frozen it made the cookie ice cold and stick to the bottom of the pan! giggles. Gary and I split it and we both felt the same about it. Others got Key Lime Pie which was a very big slice. Enough for 2. Strawberry Shortcake and Cinnamon Bread Pudding which I heard was very dry. Not moist at all. So maybe skip desserts here. The shrimp was good and the service was awesome. Our server quizzed us on the movie. No prizes or anything but it was fun to listen to people's answers and such. Plus it took up time while waiting for our food. The kitchen was upstairs and the poor server could only bring so much to us you can imagine. Some fun trivia wasQ: Who turned down the role of Forrest Gump?
A: Bill Murray, John Travolta and Chevy Chase
Q:Who played Forest Gump??
A:Tom Hanks
Sally Field is only ten years older than Tom Hanks.
The shrimp boat used in the film now resides in the moat surrounding the Planet Hollywood restaurant in Downtown Disney, at the Disneyworld Resort in Florida. Also, one of the ping-pong paddles used in the film is signed by Tom Hanks and hung up on one of the walls inside the restaurant.
Tom Hanks wasn't paid for the film. Instead he took percentage points which ultimately netted him in the region of $40 million.
Kurt Russell has said that he did the voice of Elvis Presley (uncredited) in the film.
So now you know a little for your trip to Bubba Gump. You are welcomed! "Stupid is as stupid does".