This week was Fish week.Big Fish Little Fish- A cute little story that my boys loved.
Fish, Swish, Splash, Dash- A nice counting story always love educational books!
Jonah and the Big Fish- The boys could not get over that a fish swallowed a person!
The Pout Pout Fish- This was a funny little book and my kids loved hearing me read it over and over again.
The Pout Pout Fish in the Big Big Dark- This wasn't as funny as the first one kinda dumb. The kids liked it because the characters were the same but it wasn't as good as the 1st one.
The Fish Who Cried Wolf- Edward enjoyed this book. As Ed also loves to tell many a story. When he was about four he told me a story that he saw Daddy out the window walking a black dog with some lady. We still laugh about that story.
My tips: I used blue plates so all you have to paint is the back. Got these for $1 at Big Lots in the party supply section. I used foam fish and glued them together to make them double sided. I used green pipe cleaners as seaweed. I glued 2 pieces of sandpaper together so its also double sided. I also used fishing line instead of string. I love snagging people's ideas and putting my spin into them. And the above site is great. That girl is creative!!
So to sum up the week:
Home school Theme: FISH
Week Number: EIGHT
Crafts we Made: FISH BOWLS
Snack we Ate: FISH JELLO, Goldfish Crackers
Chapel Bible Lesson: JONAH AND THE BIG FISH
Friday Free Day: SEEING GRANDMA AND GRANDPA
Games: FISHING
Highs: Playing our fishing game and making our crafts.
Lows: Not going to see the fish at Disney. We've seen them before but this week went by so fast. We can't always fit everything into 5 days!