
Pumpkins! This week we learned all about pumpkins and had fun looking for pumpkins every place we went.

Books we read this week were:
The Best Halloween Hunt Ever- Great book more of a look and find book. The boys loved hunting for each Halloween themed item.
My Little Picture Bible-Great stories from the Bible short and sweet, kid friendly and nice colorful pictures.
The Little Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything- A classic book I read as a kid and the kids had lots of laughs from this story.
Pumpkin Town- Very funny cute book about pumpkin seeds that flew over a town and the town became infested with pumpkins. Edward loved this book.
The Spooky Tire- We love the Trucktown series of books and here is another great one. Lucas loves Cement trucks and ghosts and this story had them both. So he absolutely loved this story.

A craft we made tissue paper pumpkins. I made these as a child and found these at Micheal's for $1.

Edward thinking.

I was impressed as my 3 year old was better at this then any of us. He knows his numbers that's for sure as he made sure to only press each color on the number I said it went to.

Edward also did very well and was more precised with filling in the spaces.

Almost there!

Little Lucas hard at work sometimes I forget that he is only three.

So proud of what he made!!

Wow! I love them both!!

Can you tell which one the 7 yr old did and which one the 3 yr old did? Ed's is on the right.

Next for a fun pumpkin snack. I found these ice trays at the Dollar store. I was afraid to buy more then one if they didn't work but I am so happy that they turned out.

I filled them with Orange Jello Jiggler mix. Yes those are my dining plates. We love Mickey!!

While we waited for our snack to set up in the fridge we played Pumpkin Coin Toss.

I got this idea online. I was searching for a pumpkin game and came across a bean bag toss into a plastic pumpkin.

What fun I thought it would be to do this with coins and we have tons of those plastic pumpkins.

The boys really got into this game. I even placed tape on the floor so they had to stay behind the tape.

Edward got 14 out of 16 coins. Lucas got 13 out of 16!!

Yeah! Pumpkin jigglers. They weren't very pretty on the dirty plate but we started to eat them and I said shoot I wanted a picture.

The boys loved to be able to pick these up and eat little pumpkins.

See in my hand you can tell they came out very nicely!!

We scarfed them down and poor Gary only got one.

Next I used the left over Jello Jiggler mix to use with our cookie cutters.

Again on the dirty plate but they also came out great!! I love Jello Jigglers. I sprayed the ice tray and brownie dish with Pam and then the Jigglers are one 3 oz package of Jello with 1 and 1/2 cups of boiling water stir it up and then pour. Let set up in fridge for up to 2 hrs and enjoy~~

There was a coloring contest at our local Big Lots. So I grabbed one sheet each for Lucas and Edward. This is Ed coloring away. Lucas refused to color and instead drew circles around the pumpkin. He loves circles.

Here is Ed's finished project. Its the best coloring job I've ever seen him do. They hung it proudly in the store but we never got a call so he didn't win. He is a Winner in my book! We even took him out to buy him a prize, who needs Big Lots' prizes anyways!!

Then we carved pumpkins and Mommie cleaned all the seeds. Here are the seeds all cleaned and ready to be baked.

This is the finished cooked pumpkin seeds. People think I'm strange but my Mother has been cleaning and baking pumpkin seeds since I was a child. Its so nice that now I'm the Mother that gets to do this with my children. They taste like popcorn fresh out of the oven so salty and light.

Gary carved this pumpkin he said he wanted to make it scary! I said honey that's not scary looking at all and he said look at the smile!! I don't get it, do you?

Gary's masterpiece~~ Scary!!! giggles

Lucas painting his pumpkin.

Edward trying so hard to paint Mario.

Lucas just having fun painting away.

Mommie did Mario for her baby. I felt so bad for Edward I took over and painted Mario for him. Gary said it was very good. As I've said before I don't think I am that talented or creative in art but I am proud of this Mario!!

My Lucas loves Caterpillars ever since we read The Very Hungry Caterpillar this summer he loves anything caterpillar and tells me that he is my baby caterpillar. So I made a baby caterpillar for my baby caterpillar.
So to sum up the week:
Home school Theme: Pumpkins
Week Number: Seven
Crafts we Made: Tissue Paper Pumpkins
Snack we Ate: Pumpkin Jello Jigglers
Chapel Bible Lesson: Ten Commandments
Friday Free Day: Cars 2 Bluray movie
Games: Pumpkin Coin toss
Highs: Making Pumpkin Jigglers and seeing how much Edward's handwriting has improved from Week 1
Lows: Not enough books, picked the worst time to do Pumpkin week as ALL the pumpkin books have been checked out of the library.