Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Feast

Well its November 1st but tonite I did my traditional Halloween Feast. I just love cooking fun foods for any given reason and Halloween is a big one! Our weekend was so busy that I planned to do this on Monday nite but got in a bummed out mood when there was nothing to do on Halloween. I love cooking and any Great cook knows that food tastes good when you feel good. And when you feel bad well the food just seems to be missing something. For this type of meal you gotta be in a fun good mood!! Which I was today and still am!

So this is Chicken Fingers I made into Hands. Chicken tenders marinated in Italian dressing over nite in fridge. Then cooked and cut down the middle the pieces that broke off became the palms of the hands. Then I cut red peppers in tiny triangle and placed them as finger nails!!

Monster Eye balls! Homemade meatballs with green olives added in after they are cooked. The black olive spiders are one whole olive cut in half and take one half and cut into strips and the other half leave alone. Take the strips place under the olive half and tada a spider made out of an olive. I poked my finger making a small hole into the meatballs before I cooked them. Then mash potatoes home made with a touch of green food coloring. The sauce it spaghetti sauce with sliced red peppers in it. It makes the sauce taste a little different and you don't miss the noodles at all.


Brain Juice. This is a brain juice kit I bought at Target. Just added warm water and placed in mold over nite in freezer and then took out today. It is sitting in a bowl of red kool-aid tropical punch flavor to me it looks like blood!! You are suppose to place this into a punch bowl. I don't have one so I used a clear mixing bowl. The Spider cupcakes are from Target. The pillsbury Halloween cake mix and then into Halloween cupcake liners from the dollar store. Frosted with chocolate frosting and placed 3 edible eyeballs on each and placed into spider cup cake holders from Target! Oh the table cloth cover and pumpkin plates are all from Target. WE devoured this and there is sadly no left overs!!