Thursday, August 9, 2012

Trip to Illinois 2012


 I got the call late Wednesday evening August 1st that my Grandmother passed. It was roughly 9 pm and I was looking for flights for the next morning. So it all went very fast. Book a flight, pack, try to sleep, get up, load the car, drive to airport, board plane with 2 small boys and arrive safely in St Louis. Greeted by my Mother and sister. My parents sold their mobile home back in March of this year. They have been on a hunt up in Illinois for their dream home. Since its a buyers market right now and all. They found a gorgeous 3 BD 2 Bth 2 car garage Pool home in Staunton, IL. They love being out in the country. Another dream of theirs to live in the country. My Father is a fisherman and always dreamed of a house on the lake. However this house is roughly a 5 min drive to the Reservoir and another 15 mins to Litchfield Lake. They closed on this house a couple months ago. So it was very nice to be able to come and see their new place. Always happiness to be found even in the middle of sadness.


 This is the city of Staunton. Love how its that city of old. Not many of those left.
 My parents live on Mill St and just one house down from there place is this sign. They basically live right on Route 66!!


 
 Edward at Ah-Ma's house playing with chalk.



                                            Lucas drew ghosts.


The boys in the pool. Yes, even the crazy dog will jump in the pool.
 

 Another benefit to coming to Illinois was the boys seeing all their cousins. Above is Lucas, Tommy, and Edward.


 Even in the nite the kids wanted to swim. Loved Mom's pool lights that changed many colors. So jealous!


So we arrived on Thursday. I had to go to the Social Security office, the bank and sort through alot of paper work. Then before I knew it, it was Saturday morning and we were here. At the cemetery. What a gorgeous blue Cadillac Hearse. Grandmother would have approved how lovely this was.

 Her casket. So sad cause I wanted to see her to say goodbye. No open casket cause it was already too much money.

 The boys were so fascinated to see and understand a burial. My sister told me to quit taking pictures as it was sick. I just wanted to capture it to share with Gary since he wasn't there. So I stopped.

 This is the BULOTH headstone. I gave the eulogy and then cried my eyes out. It felt like a dream. Still does. But I want this on record for my boys and their family. We laid white roses on top of the casket and left.


 Catherine Alline Buloth September 5th 1921-August 1st 2012


This is a picture from our trip to Tampa a couple years back. She wasn't much for pictures as she got older.




 Joseph Peter Buloth December 14th 1916-October 26, 2003
              My favorite pic of my Grandfather with my childhood cat.


 Now they are together. They were married for 65 yrs. I want to recreate this old style pic with Gary and myself. As many said I looked like Grams.


 A Family pic on Thanksgiving 1996. We used to faithfully go eat at the Holiday Inn in Alton, Illinois.

 Another great thing about going to Illinois was seeing my younger sister Danielle. She is 23 and has 3 kids and a loving husband. She also bought a house about 6 months ago. She has been wanting me to see it.

 I love this pic cause we are sharing a secret.

 It was hard for me to smile and be happy. You can tell by this pic that I was very sad.

 A pic of the Buloth girls. My Mother Debi, my sis Dani, and me.

 I am the tallest at 5'6'' then Dani at 5'5'' even though her hair bump makes us look the same height. Our Mother is 5'2''.

After the funeral we went out to dinner and then the next day was August 5th, Sunday which was my Father's birthday. Hard to celebrate but we tried to. Above is his cake, I mostly devoured. It is from Kruta bakery in Collinsville, IL it was my Grandparents favorite bakery. This is called a Ribbon cake. If ever in Collinsville go to Kruta and make sure you go early they sell out fast. My Grandparents even knew Miss Kruta who is also no longer with us.




 This is the Reservoir. That evening Dad took us all fishing.


 The boys excited to go on the boat and fish.

 The pier. It is truly God's country out there.


 Edward on the boat.


 Then before I knew it, it was Wednesday the 8th and time to fly home. This is a pic of all the grandkids the morning of our flight home. Lucas 4, Edward 7, Tommy 8, Kayley 5, and Lily 2.

 Me with the kids.

 Kayley loves me. She has been my little mocking bird since she was very little. We had lots of fun painting our toenails and doing hair and talking about Mickey Mouse.

 A Family shot. Kayley, Tommy, Debi(Mom) Baby Raskal the dog, Jerry(our Dad), Edward, Lucas, Lily, Danielle, Jess.

Another one as my Mom looked scared in this 1st pic and we couldn't see Lily in the 1st one either.