This was my finished project. Doesn't it look fluffy and elegant? Well its hard and stiff and made out of coffee filters!
A friend of mine on FB did this so I went to my crafting corner and gathered all that I had. Glue gun, glue sticks, pom-poms, soda can tabs for hanging and coffee filters about 250, scissors, and then I went to Walmart and got the Styrofoam circle for $4.47, ornaments for .97 and some flowers for decorating my completed wreath.
So, I already knew I'd do a Mickey Mouse themed wreath as all my Christmas decor is Mickey. I started by making some green pom-poms into Mickey heads. 2 tiny and 1 small. Ta-da in my hand!
With my .97 flowers from Wally-world I glued my Mickey heads in the center.
I made two. One for each side of the wreath.
Then I start to make the wreath. It takes time to glue and all you do is fold the coffee filters over to make a flower shape then a dot of hot glue and press into center of the wreath. I got burned alot so if you have a cool gun like mine I recommend using it.
So see the idea of where to glue and its okay if your coffee filter unfolds a little. Don't glue it together to hold the fold. I did this a few places and it would of ruined the wreath had I not stopped.
I had 250 of these babies so blast your Christmas music and get ready to dive in. A little by little I was getting scared it was going to look ugly. I had no directions so this was all based off a pic my friend posted on FB that just said coffee filter wreath.
See what I mean I was quite scared it didn't look as elegant as her finished project did. Don't worry keep gluing I told myself. Took me about 1hr and 15mins of gluing!
Then it looked like this! Oh no, I totally messed it up. Don't worry if its uneven. I cut down some to make it more even looking and looked for holes on sides where more coffee filters were needed.
Okay so its hard to tell lying on my table but it is more even now. Time to start gluing on the decor.
I did one flower on each side with some other red plant things that look like red baby breaths to me and then I glued some green leaves behind the flower as well. I found hanging it up was easier to see what and where to glue.
Here is the other side.
Then I made a Mickey head out of 3 ornaments. Was alot of hot glue for this one.
And here is the finished look. No you don't need to spray this or anything. I don't know how long it will last as in years and storage but its super easy to make and cost under $10.
Mickey Mouse coffee wreath. I was pretty proud of myself. I have gotten alot of compliments on it too.