Thursday, April 10, 2014

Egg Hunt @ Epcot


Later in the day around 2pm. We headed to Epcot for their Egg-extravaganza which is basically an Adult Easter Egg Hunt. The boys weren't really excited to do this. I was! I read about it last year and we missed it because we were on blockout dates on our passes. We pay for the cheaper passes which have blockout dates usually its 50% of the month of March, June, August, December and 100% of July.  This year they took April cause Easter is in April instead of March this year. This means on our anniversary no Disney for us. :(


So the map and the stickers are $4.95 a set you get one prize for turning in your map. If you completed or not you STILL get 1 prize. So if you want 30 prizes buy 30 sets. I only wanted one. As you can see this is a map of Epcot's World Showcase. Which has 11 countries and one Outpost. So we were looking for 12 eggs total.



We started in the Canada area. Looked all over on a walk by and then dove in deeper and I was the one who spotted the first egg and it was Pluto. 

There are no clues just gotta look for an egg shape and above is a close up shot.

I love this one as I told the boys to go get in the photo and a guy asked them to pose for a pic. Poor Gary.

Now this was them posing for me. After I found the first egg Gary got all excited and said this was really fun. Edward also joined in. Lucas however was not into this at all.


Next stop was in the United Kingdom area. Again searched around all buildings high and low and we were almost to the point of giving up when Edward says I found it!


I was so happy Edward was into this. I thought it would be a fun for all family game. Lucas just was a party pooper.

Okay two stickers down. Next we were headed to France.

Wow, this one was super easy!

Isn't she gorgeous?! I will take this as my prize. Thank you!

Me and Edward posing for a pic with the egg...wait where's the egg?? We were blocking it!! giggles.

Okay a better shot there's the egg. It was a gorgeous sunny day temperature about 87 degrees with a wonderful breeze.

Three stickers down. 

Next was the country of Morocco. Can you find the egg?

Awe.. there was Chip!! I love this game and the eggs.

Next stop was Japan. Wouldn't you know by this point Lucas got into the game and he found this one!!

Daisy Duck egg!!

Gary was in charge of the stickers and the map.

Next good old America. Edward found this one as I was looking at the lovely Precious Moment dolls. I wanted them all.

Mickey Mouse in America... clever, clever!!

A better shot of Mickey.

Then the Fife and Drum Band came.

Okay here's our map. We were at the halfway point now.

See the dolls! This is what had my attention. Wow, Stitch and Lilo I must own!!

Check out Cinderella, Prince Charming, and even the Fairy Godmother with Tinkerbell in the back and even Buzz Lightyear too!


Too funny this duck looks like a statue but he is REAL.

How clear was it? So clear you could see the hot air balloon ride at Downtown Disney from Epcot!! That was a first sighting for us.

Okay back to the egg hunt where are we now. Italy!!

Perry!! He is from Phineas and Ferb.

Lucas saw kids coloring and I urged him to go join in.

He of course got a Duffy bear to color. These are free and come on a stick. Also another fun thing for kids to do here is get stamps from all the countries on these. 

Next we were in Germany and again my Lucas found it.....Goofy!!

Edward got a Perry coloring stick and also found Goofy.

A close up.

Then we went to the Outpost and can you find the egg?????

It was Thumper and I spotted this a ways away.... man, my contacts are great!!

Next we went to China and Lucas found his favorite Dragon friend Figment.

A close up he is so cute.

Wow, check out our map!!

Next was Norway and look who Edward spotted.... Dale.

Dale looks perfect here. While walking back from taking this photo. I literally bumped into Queen Elsa from Frozen. My boys were all excited and I am planning to be her this Halloween. It was cool cause I was touched by her.

So now we knew Donald Duck is who we were to look for in Mexico. Here he was on a balcony.

A close up.

He is above us!!

We returned to the Duffy store and got to pick a prize. I choose....... Minnie Mouse egg.

Here is one of me with my prize and map. Yes, you get to keep your map. See the larger egg halves? Well today was the 1st day of the game. As the prizes go further and further down in quantity the prizes will be covered and you have to pick an egg half and you get whatever is under it. So lucky we came when we did. Now we are on blockout dates till May. So my finger started bleeding all over my map. I had cut it earlier in the day on a can of ravioli. My band-aid fell off during the fun, I guess. The manager came out and gave me a new map for Free. I told her no, no I will pay $4.95 cause I really want a Mickey Mouse egg now that I see him in person. She said no you will take this map for Free and then handed me a Mickey Mouse egg too. I said oh my! Thank you, thank you. That is just too nice. Also got a band-aid for my finger too.

So here is my table for Easter. With my Minnie and Mickey eggs I just won, some figurines I found at the dollar store, and some big Mickey/Minnie eggs from Walgreens from last year. We had a long day at Epcot. More posts to come. After the egg hunt we did the Muppets Scavenger Hunt for Lucas it was free. Then we had some Starbucks with my free giftcards I get for taking surveys. Then we went to the Grand Floridian to see the egg display. Ended up getting home at 11 pm. We were all beat alot of walking and alot of fun a full day of fun. So come back soon to read about the Muppets and the egg display.