I'm not 100% sure but I first thought it was a duck egg. I touched it using rubber gloves and it felt very thick like 6-10 layers more then our eggs we eat and cook.
Around this egg were many others that were broken and buried in the ground behind the bushes in our front yard. So the boys and I walked over to our lake to see if we could find any proof to my theory.
We found 16 ducklings and a happy very protective Mother.
They were all chirping and we brought some stale bread and crumbled it up and fed them all.
The boys watching in wonder the ducklings.
Best home schooling day ever...NATURE!!
Here is a view of our lake's fountain, tennis courts behind it. I sometimes wish we lived facing the lake but we live facing the fountain and I can even see the fountain from my dining room window. At nite it changes colors from red, blue, purple, green, yellow, then back to red and all the colors all over again. Its gorgeous at nite and in the daytime.
Another gorgeous shot of nature and my boys.
After sometime watching the ducklings and their Mother another duck came by and also was very protective. Father? Maybe? Who knows but the other duck was helpful and loving to this Mother and her ducklings!! I love living where we do. I long for a house but I will miss the lake and its ducks. We also had a gator in our lake a few weeks ago. Upon moving here my office manager told me we don't get gators in our lake because we also have otters. Otters in a lake means no gators is how she explained it to me. I had no reason not to believed her. Why tell a false statement? Well I have now proven her wrong twice, on her theory of the otters= no gators. I do not like being wrong but I never researched it so shame on me for believing her lies. In any-case we are enjoying Spring and all its glory.