We took the kids on Splash Mountain for the first time. Its been 90 plus degrees and we thought why not! Lucas and I got the front seat! I feared my contacts would fly out so I closed my eyes and screamed. Made this photo really come to life till you look at Gary. He looks like he is pissed and saying, "Shut the heck up, woman!" Lucas loved it, can you tell? He did slide over and grip me for dear life just as Edward did Dad. It was awesome and you get wet but not as wet as I was thinking. I got really wet being in the front and all but still I have been on worse rides where you feel like you just went through the entire ocean and back.
So then we did Pirates and Haunted Mansion but first we walked over to see what the wait time was for 7 dwarfs mine train the brand new roller coaster and guess what? It was closed!! Yea, it just opened on May 28th and they said it was closed for technical difficulties! Oh poop! So we went and did the other rides and then came back and tried again. Guess what? It was open this time with a 90 min wait time. Oh poop! Well the first 30 min were nice and cool with lots of fans outside and the sun was setting by this time. Then we got to the first little game in the waiting area. The boys had fun matching up the jewels.
Here's a better photo of them all.
Then there was a station where you place your hands under the animals they light up different colors and water comes out. I'd like this in my bathroom what a fun way to wash your hands and alot of water comes out too not just a mist but an entire stream like you are washing your hands. After this photo my camera died. We don't know what happened but we could no longer snap photos. Next there was a Vault we entered and jewels oh the jewels inside it was so pretty and awesome. Then shortly after that we were boarding the ride. It was fast when I say fast I mean short. It reminds you of one of those cheap roller coasters they put up at the local carnivals. Its just whips you around and no really drops or anything really scary so perfect for the family to ride together. The best part was going inside the cave and seeing all the jewels and 7 Dwarfs. Wish I had my camera would of snapped photos to share. Then you are back outside again and a few more whips then its over. Also look for Snow White at the end of the ride she is indeed here just kinda hidden. After this we were all hungry. We ate pizza before leaving but we didn't bring any snacks like we normally do. Note to self ALWAYS bring snacks to WDW. So we all decided on Casey's Corner mini corn dog nuggets. You get 11 or so of them for $4.99 and then we all got cups of hot cheese for dipping. I also ordered a FREE ice water. So we spent $5.32. And we all shared. It was a nice little snack and hit the spot for us all. Although next time we should really buy some fries to go with it or just bring our own snacks inside.