Thursday, November 27, 2014

Our Thanksgiving


Well we didn't get invited this year to my Aunt's house so we had to celebrate Thanksgiving alone. It was hard as I REALLY need family right now. I never knew death would sting me for so long and so badly. Here was our little veggie tray as we waited for the turkey to get done.

Edward had the idea to lay everything out on our bar like we were entertaining or at someone else's house. It did help lighten our spirits.

Here was our turkey no way to fit the whole bird in here so I just cut off pieces and that way the bird could still stay warm in my oven for refills. Corn is next to that which was Edward's request he loves, loves corn.

My homemade turkey gravy I made from the turkey drippings and of course crescent rolls. Can't have Thanksgiving without those yummies!

Stove top dressing my favorite.

Green bean casserole.

Homemade mash potatoes they were really buttery. My pans are brand new all that butter got on the lid because I made them the night before.

Pumpkin and chocolate pecan pies. I bought these from Target and they were both okay but next time I'm either making them or buying from somewhere else. There you have it we survived Thanksgiving alone but it just wasn't the same.