Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Patch at Celebration

On Friday Oct. 7th 2011. I read that Celebration City was having Oktoberfest. So we decided why not go. As soon as we loaded up in the car. It started to pour down rain outside! Gary said we should just turn around. I told him we have umbrellas so lets go anyways. When we arrived in Celebration we drove past a pumpkin patch. I made Gary turn around and we stopped there first for some great pictures and to let the boys buy their Halloween pumpkins!

Lucas kept wanting his picture taken with all the pumpkins. His new favorite thing is sitting in my lap looking at pictures on the computer. Edward was in Awe so many pumpkins to choose from.

I loved their decorations.

Lucas loved this HUGE pumpkin!

The boys starting to look for a pumpkin they can carry.

Another shot of the decor!

I love when people have fun with Halloween the way I do!

A little family shot.

Pumpkins galore!

Still searching for their perfect pumpkin.

Edward found something!!

Lucas found one too!!

Edward asking Daddy... "Can I have this one?"

Lucas in awe of the pumpkins.

Daddy said Yes! Look at his face!!

This is Lucas' new smile. Grandma calls it scary. I agree. I don't know why he smiles like this!!

I told Lucas quit doing the scary face. Smile nicely!! This is what he gave me!! giggles.

Edward asking Can we get more??

Lucas wanted another pic!! He is truly silly! Mama doesn't mind.

Then we went to Oktoberfest in Downtown Celebration. Edward spotted the train. We actually saw it on the roads while driving into town.

Another shot of the train.

Them waving Bye Bye!!

This is what I said I wanted to do. See the streets it still was raining. Kinda misting here and there.

I bought tickets for the boys to ride the train. $5 each. They also offered pumpkin painting. For $5 each but they were the tiny $1 pumpkins at the pumpkin patch and the pumpkins we ended up getting were $8 total for 2 nice size ones. I have a drawer full of paints at home. So we decided on the train.

All ready to go, don't they look happy?!

Where's Lucas? Well as soon as the train started Lucas started screaming I want my Mommie. That's his new favorite phrase right now. So we got our $5 back and Edward went alone.

There were many, many tents full of food and we were so tempted to spend money. I didn't take any pics cause I didn't want to be tempted at home saying I wish we had more money. We came with $20. Spent $8 on pumpkins for the kids, $5 on train ride and we had $7 left. I saw a candy vendor and said perhaps we should get some cotton candy and some caramels. As we started to walk that way. We ran into these 2 dogs? Foxes? I don't know what they were but the kids liked them. Edward longs for a black and white puppy dog. Its on my to do list when we get a house, if we ever do! God please let us get a house! giggles.

Playing peek a boo. Well as we were playing with these 2 dogs/foxes. Edward suggested Disney donuts. Krispy Kremes are myself and Gary's favorite donut of choice. They closed them all in Tampabay area where we used to live. So whenever we'd come to Disney we'd get Krispy Kremes. So to the kids they were known as Disney Donuts!! giggles. Now that we live here they are a short drive up the road. We drove past them on the way to Celebration. So Gary hates cotton candy and he can't eat caramels with his teeth. So I felt terrible that he wasn't going to get anything if we did the candy shop. Gary said he was fine with it. Gary always is putting the kids and me first. I kept suggesting other candies or snacks. Even offered a milkshake to him. I love sweets and food so most anything is good to me. So I decided Edward's suggestion of Disney Donuts sounds perfect! That way the whole family can enjoy together!!

Look at this box!! So cute. Fit our nite out. So we went through the drive through total was $7.49. We went 49 cents over our budget. They were hot, fresh, and delicious. We arrived just as the hot sign was turning on. This was Friday our FREE day in home school. Now let me explain our FREE day. FREE day Friday is easy to remember because of the 2 F's. We still do normal school work but I plan Nothing. Hence FREE day. No crafts, no snacks, no games. Just normal school workbooks and then whatever is happening on that Friday we can try to do. Or do nothing and enjoy a fun day of playing. I will be posting this weeks theme in a couple days. So look for that by Monday or Tuesday. Happy Halloween!!