
Okay, I know, I know I am way behind in posting these. Better late then never. This was the week of Nov 28th, 2011.

Books we read this week:
Rosie Raccoon's Rock and Roll Raft- Our favorite book of the week. These books taught on a certain letter but were full of different characters and their adventures.
Maxwell Moose's Mountain Monster- This was our 2nd favorite. It was about monster stories around the camp fire and then the mountain monster is revealed.
Oliver Otter's Own Office- This was cute I liked it. It was about teamwork and family.
Quentin Quokka's Quick Questions-The kiddos thought this one was funny as this character asked alot of questions as all kids do but sometimes its good to speak up and ask.
I over all like all the morals of these books. These were the only ones our library had wish they had more or the complete series. We would have read more if they did.

Alphabet cookies I found these at the dollar store for $1 and they are now our favorite little snack. I wanted to buy alphabet soup but knew the kids would like cookies more.

Lucas at his table loving his cookies.

No he is not writing anything here just wanted to show you how the cookies look.

Lucas is showing you how they taste, yum!!

I also found these at the dollar store. They are wooden letters that are also magnetic. I hid these around the house on objects that start with each letter. C was found on the Coffee maker. D was on the door. You get it. They had to race around looking for the letters and then return to the table to put in alphabetical order. Lucas did this one.

He was running so fast.

Edward yelling that Lucas got it wrong. Lucas is three and he was trying and I loved that Edward knew he had them wrong. Learning through games!! I love it!!

Edward walking away mad. This was the beginning of Edward throwing a HUGE fit.

Daddy saying Lukey you are doing so good!!

I also had the boys color in these alphabet letters and Edward had to fill in the rest of the alphabet on the back of the paper.


Lucas so happy he made it all the way to the letter W. Then Edward threw a fit. I think he was jealous of Lucas getting the attention. We are so proud when our little ones learn and love to learn. Edward just wanted it to be his turn again. I tried to tell him to help Lucas but Lucas wanted to do this activity on his own. I do everything for my kids for THEIR benefit and it bothers me when something made for fun and learning turns out upsetting them or me. Like everything else we all got over it. I think Edward is going through that phase of testing the parents. He has to learn he is not the boss or the only child anymore. I learned this growing up, think we all do. Its rough and I feel for him. Next week will be a better week.
So to sum up the week:
Home school Theme: ALPHABET
Week Number: ELEVEN
Crafts we Made: ABC PAGE
Snack we Ate: ALPHABET COOKIES
Friday Free Day: WENT TO THE PARK
Games: ABC RACE
Highs: ABC RACE watching the boys having so much fun learning
Lows: Edward threw a fit and I also lost my cool with him ruin a nice week for me. I do not like him growing up and thinking he is the boss.