Friday, February 24, 2012

Stars, Week 15

Stars, week 15 was the week of Jan 15th. Again I know I am way behind on posting. Note to self never try to do this theme week posting project again. giggles. I know many of you have enjoyed it. I take WAY too many pics and I love to share with all my family and friends out there. Also I have a record of our schooling as well. Who knew a little Christmas break would turn into me falling way behind.

Baby Jesus, Week 12 was the week of Dec 5th. Believe it or not. For some reason I was deleting pictures off of my camera and for some reason I lost some school weeks of pics. For some reason I thought I already uploaded them to my computer. Nope! Above was our reading material for the Baby Jesus week. Some pics I uploaded as seen above others gone permanently deleted by me. So angry at myself!! Errr! Baby Jesus week we didn't do a craft just a coloring sheet. I did buy a little people Nativity scene that we acted out the story of baby Jesus with. The kids loved it!

Three Wise Men, Week 13 was the week of Dec 12th. As you can see no pics at ALL from that week. Three wise men week we learned about different kinds of people. We also learned about giving gifts and following a star. We also used our little Nativity set to play with as it came with the 3 wise men.

Christmas Vacation was the week of Dec 19th through Jan 7th. Just because it was Christmas vacation didn't mean we still couldn't make time for reading. Above was our reading list. Mostly fun things we did like parties and outings. We also spent many nites curled up in the beds reading.

Celebrations, Week 14 was the week of Jan 8th Again as you can see NO pics at ALL. We learned about New Years and what a new year means. We had fun with horns and seeing fireworks that are kid friendly. Those were sparklers that both my children were scared of holding!


This was our reading list from Stars week 15. After reading and learning about stars. Especially from the book Stars Above Us the kids and I started to talk about buying stars and putting them up in their room. They loved learning about stars from these books and we even went outside & did some star gazing. Can't see alot here, we are too close to the city but we saw enough. Lucas loved Baby Galileo Sees the Stars. Its great for preschoolers as it teaches them how to count the stars and see the numbers decrease all the way to one star!! We also loved the book SHINE about a little kid who is the Star in a school play. Too cute for words. Suzy Goose and the Christmas Star was also a big hit in our house.


Here Daddy is helping the kids pic out what to hang up next.

Can you believe these were from the $1 Spot at Target and the colored ones were from Deals for $1 each. Total spent $7. I was amazed these were so cheap.

Some stars and planets and even galaxies!!


Of course shooting stars too!!

Again at my local $1 store got some Star shaped ice trays and we bought jello and made jello jigglers.

Using cookie cutters to cut out some stars.

Both boys had their own star cookie cutter.

The little stars how they came out. The boys waited ALL day to eat these and their plates were gone. Lucky I got this pic!

A pic of a star jello with a cookie cutter.

Lucas loving his mess of star jello!

Yum!

Edward loved his too.

Trying to cut another star out of the jello star!!

Finger lickin' good!!

We had a great week. Onto the next. I'm trying my hardest to get all the pics filed and ready to post. All that really matters is that we are having fun and the kids are learning. I worry more about their workbooks getting done then me posting all our fun pics. I'll catch up sooner or later, I promise.