Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day @ the Aters 2012

This was our Valentine's Day party at the house. We had a feast of heart shaped pizza, chicken nuggets, fried cheese sticks, candy, and angel food cake. I read online about making a Valentine's Day dinner at home and since Gary and I already had our date day this was perfect for the family.

Also for Valentine's Day. I got Gary a Darth Maul hood decal via online. We found a local decal shop that put it on for us. The decal was $30 and the installation charge was $26.

Another shot. Gary LOVES LOVES it!!

As if a day at Disney World wasn't enough Gary also found these cupcakes at Walmart and bought them for me.

Too cute!!

This was the table setting the kids and I did. Red napkins from the $1 store and construction paper hearts we cut out and colored. I had smarties Valentine's Day candy from Grandma(my Mom) and filled a small candy jar with them and set each one on a plate for added decor. The Candle(in center of table) is from my sister in law Cheryl who I recently met. Thanks Cheryl, it was perfect and smelled lovely. Gary kept asking me where did you get the little milk jug candle. giggles.

Then I made not one but two Angel food cakes for my hubby. I added red sugar crystals to the batter to make it pink and then added red food coloring to the glaze. My cake stand is blue so I added two red napkins to cover it and to add more of the Valentine's Day theme to it.

Close up of the cake. Funny story Gary texts me mid-afternoon after I had already made 2 angel food cakes and he asks me, Babe can you make some angel food cake for tonite. Darn it, I thought he ruined the surprise! I texted him back that it would take too long and I had no time to do it! giggles. Boy was he surprised when he came home to find two!!

Then I had already planned to make Pizza for dinner. This is a frozen pizza. I kept seeing the Papa John's commercial for their heart shaped pizza. So what I did is placed the circle pizza on my pizza pan. Baked for about 10 mins. Then I took it out and with scissors cut the heart shape starting at the bottom and making a V shape. Then took scissors to the top and cut a very tiny V shape in the middle. Ta-da! Heart shaped pizza!! I also rearranged the pepperoni and black olives to accentuate the heart shape. Then popped back into oven to cook the rest of the way.


I turned off all the lights and lite the candle. I turned the CD player on and put in CREED, which is Gary and mine's favorite band. The kids are seen above waiting for Dad to come home to the surprise!

Still wondering where he is. Gary was running late. I just got ready to send the text, Where are you? When the kids saw him turn into the parking lot.


Gary came home with these roses in hand. White roses are my favorite and its always like sending him on a wild goose chase each Valentine's day to find some. Red roses are everywhere. He also bought one red rose cause it was Valentine's Day. I just love love that he surprised me with flowers and we surprised him with dinner. After dinner we sent the kids to their rooms and with our CD still playing we selected our song and danced in the living room together. The kids brought their stuffed animals and lined them up to watch us dance. So much for staying in their rooms. We had a GREAT day. We have ALOT of LOVE in our family. Hope your day was a MAGICAL and LOVE filled as ours was!!