Friday, September 28, 2012

Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum





 So as part of home school this year. I've decided to take the kids to the library at least once a week for some event they have going on. This was on a Friday nite. It was raining but I told myself we are going no matter what. It was a book reading of the book Bubble Gum, Bubble gum. We've never read it. It was really cute. The kids had story time, then sang and danced to a few songs and then it was craft time.



 Staying with the theme. The kids made bubble gum machines!!


 This was a really cute idea. They drew a bubble gum machine on the papers for the kids and then gave the kids the joy and pleasure of sticking, what I call yard sale stickers, onto a white circle that would later go onto the middle of the machine!!

 Once your circle had enough gumballs to your liking then the kids got to use scissors and cut out the circle and glue it onto the machine.

 This is what Lucas' finished gumball machine looked like!!

 He was so excited. He was rewarded with a cup of candy by the library crew.

 Edward with his finished bubble gum machine.


He also was rewarded with a cup of candy. The entire event was about 30 mins long. Which was perfect from 6:30-7 pm. We plan to go next week to Lego Mania at the library!!! So cool. I love it!! And the kids loved it even more.