Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Workshop Wednesdays Week 1

 This was the first week of Workshop Wednesdays. As part of home school this year. I asked Gary if he would like to pick one day out of the week to teach the kids a workshop class. He got all excited and said I'll teach them about tools and we will build a birdhouse at the end of the year. So cool. I love that I have a hubby that's on board to teach a little class. I am not a boy so the world of tools is very foreign to me. The boys had such enjoyment helping us build the Mario house so that's where I got this idea from.



 Today's lesson was about flat head and Philip head screwdrivers. The boys also learned about sockets.

 The boys wanted me to take pictures so I did. This is a set of sockets.


 Lucas and Edward had many, many questions for Daddy.

 Lucas showing me the set of sockets.

Lucas had many questions for Daddy, What's this, What do you use it for? It was quite a joy to watch them learn from someone else. Below is a little video of the class.