Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Dinner

It's that time again our annual Spooky Halloween dinner, made by yours truly. So here is our little spread.

Table cloth from the dollar store, along with plates, napkins, and silverware. I took clear cups and drew Spooky faces on them with permanent marker and then filled them with Orange Kool-Aid. The ghost seen my plate is a egg roll wrapper with edible marker for face and brushed with egg wash and sugar. I cooked this on a cupcake pan turned upside down. I crinkled some parchment paper into a ball under the wrappers to keep shape.

Franken-cake! This is our favorite Pepperidge Farm Chocolate cake remastered. I buy these cakes when they are buy one get one free so it basically cost $1.50 each cake!! Keep them in our freezer then thaw out before use. I tinted white frosting green and spread it on top of the chocolate frosting. Reserved some white frosting for eyes. Then added chocolate sprinkles for his hair and using green and red gels made his mouth, eyes, and scars. His nose is a chocolate kiss upside down pressed into cake.

Next I made a snake out of crescent rolls and hot dogs, used food coloring for his skin's color, I also did a Mummy hot dog and a little bat out of chicken fries.

Spider cupcakes.


Bloody hand burger, shaped hamburger into a hand and cooked then added spaghetti sauce for blood!!

Boo Milk!!



Edward fresh out of the bath tub drinking his Pumpkin juice, which is orange kool-aid.

Lucas also fresh out of the bath showing his Ghost Pumpkin juice.

Lucas asked if he could eat the snake's tongue which was cherry licorice.

I told him yes and he started eating!!

I love how while he's eating he is looking at the snake's head!! What a fun dinner! We enjoyed it. Hope you did too.