Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Cupcakes

 So we were running low on funds and we all had this terrible virus. When it came the time to make Christmas cookies and fudge for Gary's staff I was simply not in the mood. On Dec. 22nd the sickness was all gone for a good 10 days or more and I was feeling Jolly. I was reading on the Disney Food Blog about Christmas cupcakes. I had a thought. Why don't I make Christmas cupcakes for Gary's staff this year?

 So I already had white cake mix and white frosting in the pantry. I thought green dye to the cake mix will make these green cupcakes. Then I will do red icing and fill the inside of them with red icing. Using a pairing knife cut a circle not all the way down and then use the pieces cut out to cover the filling. These pieces will help peak your frosting on top. I made green and red frosting placed into zip bags and squeezed it out in a circle shape.Working from the outside to the in to the center.

 I then went to my local grocery store Publix and bought some Christmas themed picks. The guy sold me 30 for $2.40. My peaks of frosting were really high and the picks kinda smashed them down but I love how they turned out. Look store bought but they were homemade.


Here is a closer view. I love the Gingerbread-man picks he had a bite taken out of his head! The light bulbs are neat too. Everyone said they were delicious. I sampled one of course. Made 24 and put 4 or 3 in each little gift box. I was quite happy with my givings.