Friday, February 6, 2009

Soul Mates


Gary my hubby lived in Decatur IL when I was like 4 and I also lived in Decatur IL at that same time he did. I was born in Arkansas lived there till I was 3. Gary was also in Arkansas the same time I was when I was 3. Then I was going to work at a Bait Shop in Godfrey. His oldest son owned the store right next to the Bait Shop and Gary came in there often to buy a soda. I ended up not taking the Bait Shop job when I was 17 cause I am too girly. You know this! So RL came calling. Basically a perfect job for me at 17. Just had to smile and take guests to their tables. Never waitress or cleaned tables. Very easy work. Then we started to work together and we just talked about everything. Relationships, music we like. Movies we liked. Anyways we had a bunch in common! So we started talking often. Then the flirting started. Then he bought me a Christmas present. Then I bought him a present. Then he kissed me on the cheek in the office at Red Lobster. I was shaking. He kinda tried for the lips but I turned to leave so he caught the cheek and the side of mouth. Anyways. I was freaked!!! I came home crying to Mama. She was like I'm going up there and gonna beat his A**!! giggles. It was too funny her reaction! So I calmed her down begged her not to go up there and say anything. Then I said I kinda liked it. Is that bad? Mama looked at me and was like you can't work for him and date! So I made up my mind that I would not get involved with him. Then we worked together and he apologized. I accepted and we decided to just be friends. Then a few months past. He asked me on a date. I went and he asked to kiss me that nite. 1st guy ever to ask permission to kiss me! We did. Then it all happened. Date after date. Sneaking around work holding hands and passing glances. Real fun. Everyone jokely said we were in Love with each other. They knew we were dating just could never prove it! giggles. Anyways the rest is history. But everyone even Gary says we are Soul Mates. We both believe we were destined to meet one way or another.