Monday, February 16, 2009

The Train Ride...What a Ride!

Edward looking for the actually train. Where is it? Is it safe?
In our local park called Largo Park they have a train ride for the kiddos and adults to ride. As you can see from above this train is almost like a Model Train!! Too cute. As seen here Edward and B-Ma Debi, Lucas peeking through, and then me. Other families behind us. This was our 1st train ride we've heard many stories of the train ride there. During the month of December we stroll this park as they have a huge light display. Its all free. The lights during the Holidays and the train ride which is always there. Mama called me early the other morning and asked us to go. Gary was working so I said alright! We waited in line for about 1hr 30mins. Edward wanted to ride really bad. Ever since the Holiday he saw the train tracks and he asked many times where the train was. Mama has been before taken Tommy and Danielle when they were in town. We just never find the time to go. So we finally did. The funny thing is just as we were entering the cavern...the train stopped. Boom. I quickly held tight to Lucas was fearing his safety even though my feet were only a step away from the ground. The train driver or Engineer whatever you want to call him stood up as all us passengers sat there dumbfounded. I whispered to Mama what is going on? Then another man came over he was quite heavy set and said Train ride is over everyone off! I was soooo upset sooo was Edward as it was such a long wait and all and the line I'm sure only has gotten longer by now. Then the other man our Engineer said I've got the 2 boys. We all stood up still listening trying to figure out what was going on! Comes to be that 2 young boys around 8-10yrs old had flipped the switch on the track which actually derailed our Train! That's why we stopped so quickly. The heavy man told the boys they had done over $2000 worth of damages and they were in big trouble! The boys then ran off!!! The heavy man then started to chase them! I could not believe it. I felt as though I was watching a TV show!! The heavy man of course could not catch up to them. Our Engineer said there would not be anymore train rides for around 2 weeks they'd have to shut down. I asked Don't you have other trains? He said yes but the track only runs one way and this track was now damaged. So we said oh well. We went and laid a blanket out and had a picnic the park also sells hot dogs, popcorn, chips, soda and such for around couple dollars. So we ate and enjoyed the FL weather. Then we played with the football. Ed loved that and Lucas walked around on the blanket he was scared to go off the blanket. Luke started to walk at about 9 mos. Just as we were relaxing. You'll never guess. The heavy man was running after the kids Still they all ran right past us! Poor guy. I could not believe he was still running after the 2 kiddos. In my opinion he should have never opened his mouth about trouble. He should have taken them into the park office called their parents and then told them what they had done. Cause they knew what they had done! Anywho...I couldn't help but chuckle over it all. What a funny story to come home and share with Gary and all of you! I never will know if the poor man ever caught them but he sure was persistant!! He was older as well in his 60's or so. Why the younger man didn't chase after the kiddos. We will never know. Anyways. We had a lovely day and even though we didn't get to ride in the cavern we'll be back. Someday we will. Hopefully the next time there will be less Drama!!! giggles.